FOSS to host international milk testing conference with onward transport to ICAR event
Denmark will play host two key international conferences for raw milk testing laboratories this year: The FOSS central milk testing conference and the annual International Committee for Animal Recording (ICAR) annual meeting.
FOSS will host its conference at the new FOSS innovation centre in Hillerød Denmark on 28th May and will also provide free transport to the ICAR annual meeting starting on 29th May in Arhus. FOSS is also a gold sponsor at ICAR.
Delegates starting with the FOSS event will gain a full update on developments in analytical technology including the latest developments in testing raw milk for an early warning of Ketosis in dairy herds and profiling saturated fat content.
FOSS conference highlights
- Screening for Ketosis in the dairy herd
- Saturated fats profiling of milk from individual cows, sheep or goats
- Managing multiple analytical instruments with the internet
- High-throughput milk testing
- Standardization - the FOSS patended concept.
- Bus departing from the Hotel Scandic in Copenhagen at 18.00 for the ICAR conference in Århus starting the following day.
If you want to participate in the FOSS CMT Conference, you shall contact your local FOSS company or Market Manager, Steen Kold-Christensen for “Invitation & Program” and registration.
The ICAR programme includes topics such as identification in milk recording and challenges and benefits of health data recording in the context of food chain quality, management and breeding.
The ICAR site has a number of interesting videos on various aspects of milk testing: