Conference to give meat processors a glimpse of the future
Building on a highly successful event in 2013, the FOSS Meat Conference will give industry professionals the latest on the dynamic meat sector and insight into how analytical technology can have a positive impact on their work.
FOSS Chairman, Peter Foss will open the first day at the FOSS Innovation Centre in Denmark. Leading industry experts will explore the latest market trends and the positive implications for producers. Developments in analytical technology will also be covered. The second day will feature a visit to the Danish Meat Research Institute for a unique picture of modern meat processing equipment and its practical implementation in the processing plant.
In this video, the conference hosts Poul Erik Simonsen and Stefan Linn explain more about the background for the Meat conference:
Speakers and highlights include:
- Opening address by Peter Foss, FOSS, (DK)
- Andrew Cookson, Gira Consultancy & Research (FR), Development in global meat demand - opportunities for European meat exporters in Asia
- Søren Tinggaard, Danish Crown (DK), How Danish Crown respond to the the global pork market opportunites, with a focus on Asia
- Mr. Gregor Grabowski, EuroBeef (PL), Example of using X-ray in-line analysis for increased quality and value of beef trimmings
- Friedrich Maier, GEA (GER), Meat processing solutions for securing high product quality and consistency – example of integrating FOSS in-line analyser
- Jordi Bernardo, Casademont (ESP) Using X-ray in-line analysis to improve quality of dry sausages
- Richard Batty, FOSS UK & Ireland, NIR for testing products of meat
- Stefan Linn, FOSS (DK) Getting the most out of your investment in X-ray
Visit to Danish Meat Research Institute
DMRI will share insights into the newest technological developments including:
- Development of automatic cutting solution for pork cuts
- Implementation of methods for yield optimisation at the slaughter and slicing lines
- Cost optimised recipes in minced and emulsified products
Contact for more information
For a full invitation and enquiries about available places at the conference, contact Pernille Wiberg: pWiberg@foss.dk
Participation is subject to confirmation from FOSS.